1. I am using SQL as my Database Engine, what is the connection string for that?
Provider=sqloledb;Data Source=dbname;Initial Catalog=pubs;User Id=sa;Password=pwd;
2. Is there any sample reports available for the EasyStruct 4.5 Enterprise SE ?
Yes, click here to view the sample reports
3. The ER Diagram option does not appear to be functioning. Is this a restriction placed on the evaluation version, or am I possibly doing something incorrectly?
- There is no such restriction in functionalities between Evaluation and Licensed version.
- To generate ER diagram, .NET Framework 2.0 or above is required. Click here to download and Install the same
- Also the ER diagram option in EasyStruct disabled if the database has no foreign keys.
4. What is EasyStruct 4.5 Enterprise Second Edition ?
- EasyStruct is the proven database structure documentation and migration tool. It documents the complete structure of a database and generates output as XML, HTML or Microsoft Word documents.
- It helps you to migrate database structure from one database to another. The "execute query" feature allows you to execute SQL statements and view the output.
5.What’s new in the EasyStruct 4.5 Enterprise SE?
- .NET applet for ER (entity relationship) diagrams.
- Support for data engines like SQL Server 2005, Microsoft Access 2003
- Generate Database reports in PDF
6. What are the main features of EasyStruct 4.5 SE ?
- Import a complete database structure
- Document the complete structure of database objects like tables, triggers and stored-procedures and generate XML, HTML and Microsoft Word reports.
- Connect to popular data engines like SQL Server 2005/2000/7.0/6.5, Oracle 9i/8i/7i, Personal Oracle, Microsoft Access XP/2003/2000/97/95/2.0, IBM DB2 etc
- Import your own XSL Report Layouts and Stylesheet CSS.
- Create Entity Relationship(ER) Diagram for your database.
- Migrate tables and indexes from one database engine to another.
- Copy names of tables, views, stored procedures from a database to the clipboard in a single-click. Create EasyStruct Database screenshot files (ESS).
- Generate Batch files.
- Execute SQL Queries.
- Preview and Print reports.
7. What are the technical features available for EasyStruct 4.5 Enterprise SE ?
- Select the database objects you want to document
- Copy names of database objects to clipboard
- View properties of a database like the statistics of database objects, creation dates and more.
- Control the number of database objects in a single page
- Using the “Execute Query” feature, you can view, insert, update, delete data and execute stored procedures using respective SQL statements of your database.
- Apart from viewing structure, execute SQL queries and view the output in grid format or save the output in HTML format.
- Generates reports as XML by default. The XML report is then transformed to other formats EasyStruct uses XML, from which XML schema can be created easily. XML schema allows you to define the rules governing the relations between elements and attributes using a standard XML instance syntax, which can be parsed and managed using XML applications.
- Customize the XML namespace and XML namespace URI
- Supports Windows authentication and Database specific authentication
- Easystruct uses OLEDB to connect to database engines like MS Access, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL and IBM DB2 7.x. User can give a valid connection string to any other database that is supported by OLEDB. OLEDB provides universal data access, by which wide range of database engines can be connected.